As per Google Professionals, we should work on making the User Experience good as Google gives more importance to User experience than bots’ experience. There are many On-page techniques available but I am mentioning few major must do On-page factors in this article. If you want your site to perform well in Google then you have to work according to the norms set for it.
- Content Uniqueness: As we all know, Content is king in SEO. Every website must have unique, fresh and relevant content to provide necessary information to the users of the site about the services/products.
- URL Structure: SEO’s should make sure, the URLs are SEO friendly, easy to remember and read. We should not use unnecessary symbols in the URLs instead should have simple approach by having page name in the URL.
- Meta Title & Description Tags: Meta Title and Description Tags are very important as it gives brief to the search engine about your webpage. Search Engines use Meta information such as Title and description in the SERPs to show along with the URL.
- XML Sitemaps: There are types of sitemaps available such as XML, HTML, TXT, ROR, XHTML but crawlers can read only XML sitemap. Every webpage of the whole website is accessible via this file. Crawlers use this file to navigate your site.
- txt: This file is used to instruct crawlers about the noindex. In simple words, if you don’t want to index any page then you can disallow it with the help of this file.
- Structured Data Markup: Major Search Engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing and Yandex fetch important brief from this markup to enhance the search engine results. There are two types of structured data markups available and they are: Schema and Open graph.
- Website Loading Speed: One of the major factors is load time. If your website takes more than 5 seconds to load then user might leave your website and you can lose the potential customer.
- Responsiveness: According to the Google Guidelines, website should be responsive for better user experience on various devices i.e. Desktop, Mobile, Tablet etc.
There are many more other factors on which we should work on to make the site SEO and Crawler friendly. Keep on reading J we will add more useful articles shortly.